[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Bible Version and Translator Questions
Below are some questions I am currently researching for the upcoming successor to the Bible Version Encyclopedia. Please take a few minutes and look over these questions. If you believe you have an answer, simply click on the link following the question. Please included any web or bibliographic references. If you can provide scans for Bible text differences it would be a great help. Thank you for your time and effort! May God bless you!
Several questions have been answered recently. I thank you for your time and expertise!
- The Simple English Bible has been published under several different names (such as the God Chaser's Extreme New Testament). Some are labeled "American Edition" while others are "International Edition." What are differences in the texts?
- Donald Nash translated the Literal and Consistent New Testament Version. A revised edition appeared in 1998. Another revised edition was distributed by the "Christian Restoration Association." What is at least one difference in the texts?
- Daniel W. Merrick produced the Sacred Name Bible in 2005 with a 2nd edition in 2009 and a third in 2010. What is at least one difference in the texts?
- The Aramaic English Interlinear New Testament edited by the Way International was published in 1989 and a second edition in 1992. What is at least one difference between the texts?
- In 1764 Anthony Purver published the New and Literal Translation of all the Books of the Old Testament and New Testament, also known as The Quaker Bible. Did his Quaker beliefs affect his translation in any way? Or what might be some verses to check for Quaker influences?